About us

Jackson and I were married May 27, 2006. Addy joined our family in June of 2008 and Brylee came almost two years after in March of 2010. They are cute little girls and so much fun! This is our blog about periodic things going on in our family.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Sometimes I wish babies could just blow their own noses



Well, I am not very good at remembering that I have a blog and should update it from time to time. Oh well.. Adalynn is doing so great! She is growing so huge and she loves to eat!! Yea!! We took her to the doctor for her 4-month checkup, and she's in the 75th percentile for everything (her height, weight, and head size). She's now 25 inches long and weighs 14 lbs 9 oz!! Woo hoo!!.. The only bad thing is she is getting really heavy to have to hold her for any period of time longer than about 10 minutes...bummer. I suppose that just means I'll have to start working on these massive biceps of mine again...

I feel so bad for Adalynn though because the last day or two she's been sneezing like crazy and keeps getting really congested. She has a hard time breathing out of her nose, so we have to keep using our bulb syringe to help clear her nose out and of course she hates it so she just screams and screams and screams. Then I think, boy, it sure would be nice if babies could just blow their own noses. But, well, if they could do that, then what fun would that be?

The other important update I guess is that I had to go back to work last week. I was sad, but then I kept thinking two things: first, I got to stay at home for 4 months before I even had to go back, and, two, I am so blessed to have a job that keeps me at home for a great majority of my work. What a good deal!

I had to add this "stretching" picture, because Adalynn loves to stretch. It is not unusual for her to spend a good 10-30 minutes stretching before she wakes up, or in the middle of eating, or just because she feels like stretching. It's so funny. I love it!


A baby burrito!

15 comments:

Mike and Kaci said...

I love the baby burrito. How cute. I also think it would be nice if babies could blow their own noses! You will need to make her start practicing!

Jeremy and Ruth said...

YAH!!!! stretching picture!! yah now everbody gets to see the true adalynn!! I think karver is trying to bulk up for her, but its not working so great! :) he is only in the 5th percentile for his weight!

Unknown said...

You have such a beautiful baby girl and SOOOO sweet too! I'm glad I get to watch her, but you really aren't gone very much at all! She is definitely a stretcher, she loves her space it cracks me up! I wish babies came knowing how to blow their noses too, it would make it so much less annoying for them if they didn't have to use that darn bulb syringe.

Rod Bunch said...

Adalynn Shae is SUPER cute!!! I know Enlai is excited to meet her when you guys come down..lol...=)

Terry Family said...

Cute pictures!! The baby burrito one made me laugh. Good luck with the nose blowing thing. Runny noses are most likely a battle for a few more years to come. It was great to see you guys. Love ya--

Terry Family said...

Cute pictures!! The baby burrito one made me laugh. Good luck with the nose blowing thing. Runny noses are most likely a battle for a few more years to come. It was great to see you guys. Love ya--

The Fish Family said...

Well it is about time! I see that you have had a blog since September and we are just finding out about it...tsk tsk. I am glad that we are going to be able to keep in touch better and get to see pictures of that beautiful baby. I can't wait to meet her in person! Keep up the good work and I will talk to you later!!

Ryan and Leah said...

So Cute! If you ever figure out a way for babies to blow their own noses let me know, I could use some of that action. I hope that she starts feeling better soon. Oh and I love burritto babies!

Brandi said...

Oh so cute. I still wish Chloee would blow her own nose, but she refuses. Boogers are so gross!

Michelle said...

I agree, sometimes it would be really nice if babies (and kids for that matter) could blow their own nose, at least effectively. lol

The pictures are really cute. I can't believe how fast she is changing and growing! Just a doll.

Brandi said...

Thanks actually if Jackson is willing to help with the blessing on Tuesday night we would GREATLY apprectiate it. 220-6645, or you can just comment me back. We won't be at church tomorrow, because the Dr. told us to stay away from big crowds beforehand for her immune system. So just let me know. Thank you so much!

KM Wilsher said...

Sheila, Jackson and Adalynn! I am so, so happy to viewing your blog! What a beautiful baby girl! I expected nothing less! I miss you loads! Things are okay here. Going to start scoping soon. Speed still eludes me, but the Father continues to provide! Sing Adalynn a song from me!

Nicole said...

I can't believe how big she's getting! She's so cute!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Annoying, I just left a rather lengthy comment and my computer disconnected from the wretched internet! A not so long version of what I said is, who is watching Addy while you work? Jackson? How fetchen cute she is, It was nice to see you guys on Sunday, and you had better ask me to babysit again!!! I promis to keep Chandler at a distance, teehee. she can get a little overbaring.

Westover Bunch said...

Wow, your daughter is precious. I am so gald that you have a blog. It will be good to keep in touch with you guys. Do you have any AZ trips planned in the near future?