About us

Jackson and I were married May 27, 2006. Addy joined our family in June of 2008 and Brylee came almost two years after in March of 2010. They are cute little girls and so much fun! This is our blog about periodic things going on in our family.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Domestic..ism and Manly Man


Well, this week has been an interesting one. I am learning to be more and more domestic every day it seems... This last weekend I learned how to make applesauce, and, boy, let me tell you, it is DELICIOUS!! I also decided it's a good food storage item, and so I'm making applesauce in "bulk" so that I will have plenty and plenty more for Adalynn to eat in case times get rough.. I know everyone's thinking about how genious of an idea this is. The second domesticism thing going on around our house is the use of my food dryer I got for Christman from Jackson's dad. It is way neat.. I must say that I am great at making dried apples, but not so great at making fruit leather. Oh my. Oh my. If you want to eat something that will make you sick, well then, Sheila's fruit leather is the thing for you!

So onto the second part of the title: Manly man. This refers to my dear hubby, Jackson.. of course! So why is this hunk such a manly man? Reason one: When he is in his hunting outfit thingamabob, well, even a whimpy non-muscular person can look manly..Luckily Jackson is not whimpy and somewhat muscular, so the outfit is just an accentuation (see above picture)!! Reason two comes with a little story: So about two nights ago, I was up feeding Adalynn at 3:00 a.m. After I am done feeding her, I go into the bathroom where I discover a GIGANTIC ENORMOUS TERRIFYING spider sitting in the tub hanging out. Of course I freak out, and well I go to our room and wake up Jackson. Now, how many of your husbands love being woken up at 3:00 in the morning to kill a spider? Well, mine apparently doesn't mind! He just got his "spider killing shoe" and saved the day (or technically night)!! Hooray!!

5 comments:

Mike and Kaci said...

How nice of him to kill that spider. I don't know if my husband would do the same. He would probably say, "Come here and I was cuddle you and protect you, then I will get it in the morning". Oh well. At least I would be protected.

Ryan and Leah said...

Look at you go! I am so super impressed Sheila! You have way passed me up!

Jeremy and Ruth said...

hahA SUPER MAN (i mean jackson)! jeremy is soo good at killing spiders for me too! :) arent we lucky girls!! i really need to come try the fruit dryer thing!! fun times!!

Kendra Loy Olsen said...

Sheila and Jackson!!!
I just found out how to comment on blogs! So cool! I found out I had a comment from you on mine and so I jumped over to yours and your blog is AMAZING!!!! Sheila you will need to teach me a thing or two about this beautiful blog business :) You both sounds like you are doing wonderfully and how cool that you can make applesauce!!!! If you want to swap recipies ever I will trade you applesauce for olive oil and pitas?? :) Have a great day!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good words.