About us

Jackson and I were married May 27, 2006. Addy joined our family in June of 2008 and Brylee came almost two years after in March of 2010. They are cute little girls and so much fun! This is our blog about periodic things going on in our family.

Friday, October 23, 2009

There and back again.. A girly story

Okay, so I have so much to catch up on I thought I would just try doing smaller posts about specific events and see how that goes... The first catch-up post I'm doing is a wonderful tale about a girls' night out. You see it all started during hunting season..

My dear husband, who I love so dearly, has another love: hunting. During hunting season I've come to realize that this other lover gets much more of my husband's time than I do. I try to be supportive, kind, everything that a good wife should be during this time. It's really not that bad, it just means a lot of time that Addy and I get to spend together! Oh, and I get a small glimpse of what it may be like to be a single mom..
So, anyway, many weeks and a freezer full of meat later, hunting was over for the year
As I was rejoicing, Jackson and I had similar thoughts .. I needed some time to myself after all these long weekends I'd had. I called up one of my friends, and we had the perfect solution.. A girls' night out! (Well, technically a girls night and then the next day.. half weekend out, if you will) Plans were made, dates were set, and a few weeks later off we went to Utah where there were only two rules: No husbands and no kids.
We arrived in Utah and did what any ordinary small-town money-saving home furnishing-loving gals would do: We went to Ikea! For anyone who has never been to Ikea before, you are missing out! It is one of my favorite stores ever! They have pretty much anything that you could ever need or want in your home only super cute and super inexpensive. I love it. Oh, and they also have a cafeteria with Swedish meatballs that are delish. So we stopped there, ate dinner, picked up a few cutie items, and talked of our big nightly plans. Here I had to admit to Kaci that though on the outside I may appear to be a party animal, by the time 10:30 hits, I'm usually either asleep or getting a headache from staying up too late..
So with a big night ahead of us we drove to our hotel downtown Salt Lake and checked in.. once cozied in our room (we had 2 queen sized beds, so it wasn't all THAT cozy), we broke out the nail polish for homemade pedicures and a movie on TV, during which I promptly fell asleep..
The next day was.... Park City! Okay, so I had never actually BEEN to Park City before, but I had heard rumors of outlet malls and shopping.. perfect for some winter clothes! Whew.. I never knew shopping could be so exhausting! I had to use some SERIOUS self-restraint on this trip, especially because there were so many kid/baby stores with sooooo many cute little clothes! Oh, my, just about everything was adorable. One thing's for sure: If I was incredibly wealthy, Addy would be dressed a lot cuter than she is now. Luckily for her, she is a cute little girl anyway, so she doesn't need the cutest clothes in the universe.. but, still, it would be nice. I still dream about some of the cute outfits :)
So one gigantic shopping day and Olive Garden never-ending pasta bowl later we were on our way home with full bellies, lots of shopping bags, and a little less money in our wallets..

3 comments:

Mike and Kaci said...

That was a good Girls Getaway! We better start saving for next year!!

Scott and Kel said...

Niiiccee! Isn't it funny that once you have kids even when you're away from them, your trip still revolves around them? I would shop for my kids OVER myself any day! Sounds like you girls had fun-sorry for the middle of the night post, but apparently my body is preparing me to have a new baby in 4 days. It would be nice if it was doing that by letting me get extra sleep!! :)

Unknown said...

How fun, I really wish I could have come with you two!!! I know what you mean about having a never ending pocket book, and how I would dress Kaydence in all those cute layered adorable outfits if money weren't an option but atlas it is. You are right, Addy is such a gorgeous girl and could look cuter in a white onesie than most!
Good job on the deer Jackson, Travis wishes he were out there too!