About us

Jackson and I were married May 27, 2006. Addy joined our family in June of 2008 and Brylee came almost two years after in March of 2010. They are cute little girls and so much fun! This is our blog about periodic things going on in our family.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Delectable Demolition

Who would have thought demolition could be delectable? Well, at the Fish household, you better believe it is. So Jackson and I have been really wanting to open up our house for the last while...mainly because of the fact that we basically have the smallest kitchen in the universe. It has been kind of tragic. We've been waiting until we get some extra money to start our fancy new remodeling project. Thanks to the graciousness of the federal government in giving us some of our money back in the form of a tax refund we've decided to start what could be an extensive project. So here are a series of "before" pictures:
















OUR "BEFORE" LIVING ROOM!!



OUR "BEFORE" KITCHEN

So it looks fine, right, but quite small... kind of a bummer deal. So we had this great idea.. why not tear out part of the walls in between our kitchen and living room and then put a counter/bar table where the two walls used to be? Interesting idea.. well, we being young and ambitious like young married couples are supposed to be, decided to just see how it would turn out.
The demolition day was set! And what day did we decide to use for our beginning demo? None other than Valentine's Day, of course! Romantic, I know. Well, Jackson said that I had to be the one to make the first hole in the wall. I decided that since I wanted to start bright and early Saturday morning that I would put the hole in the wall Friday and then we could start whenever we wanted on Saturday. So we got back from Idaho Falls late Friday night moved the couches, took down the pictures and then BAM! SMACK! POW! The next thing I knew there was a giant hole in the wall! I actually surprised myself a bit, and when it came down to it I was a bit nervous to go through with the hole-in-the-wall-we're-going-to-do-this-for-real thing. Jackson decided to snap some pictures of me in action.


Exhilarating, I know... So Valentine's Day we get up not so bright and early (like 9:00 a.m.) and begin!! The demolition actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I found it pretty fun, to tell you the honest truth. I did feel bad for Adalynn though. We didn't want her to be out in the dust and everything (it was INSANELY dusty), so we put her in her room, set her on a blanket, and pretty much surrounded her with all of the toys that she owns. Luckily for us, she was quite content to just play most of the day so we could get a lot done, but I still felt kind of bad.

Here is the first half of the living room wall taken out...sorry, the camera I think has some dust particles on it or something so there's random dots on the picture.


Now both walls are out!! Well, the drywall at least.. we still have to take all of the studs out...well, I guess not all of the studs.. we can leave Jackson around ;) haha.. okay that was corny, I know.



Jackson and Kevin worked on taking the studs out. Kevin has been helping us out and we appreciate him and his help so much!! At the end of the first day, this is what our house looked like:


On Monday Jackson and Kevin worked on wiring all the electrical for our kitchen and they put up this beam, since our wall is a semi-weight bearing wall: (hint: if you can't see the beam, look up on the ceiling. There's some extra wood up there, for those of you, like me, who don't really know what installing a beam entails.)

So....enough with this big and slightly boring construction project. I wouldn't be so lengthy about it, but to be honest, we don't really do anything anymore that I can blog about... oh the joys of married with children! haha..

The final thing I have to blog about is... can you guess?... the cutest baby ever, Adalynn! Adalynn has some exciting news for everyone.....



Adalynn is moving up in the line of grown-up world. She is getting a tooth!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's the truth. One baby tooth coming right up.

For more on the ultra-exciting life of Sheila, Jackson, and Adalynn, be sure to continue reading as updates are posted. I'm not gonna lie, they probably won't be very often, but it will happen someday.

10 comments:

The Fish Family said...

Someday we will come and visit. I have no idea when that day will happen since Greg is still in his apprenticeship and that makes it hard to get away. He will be done in May though so hip hip hooray!! Addie is getting too big. Tell her I said she better slow it down! I think that your remodling project is awesome and it will look great when it's all done. Take care up there and make sure to give that baby kisses and show her my picture ;) Love ya tons!!

P.S. I could tell that was Kevin from his stance!! Love it. Please tell him 'hi' for me as well!!

Mike and Kaci said...

Kitchen looks great!

Ryan and Leah said...

Wow look at you guys go! Good Luck with all that remodel stuff! We will miss you guys!

Kevin Kambree and Kinlee Meudt said...

Looking good! You guys are really ambitious- way to go! eventually we will make it over one of these nights for FHE to see the awesome kitchen!

The Walkers said...

Hey sheila,

How are things going? Crazy and Funs is this world of blogging. I got a chance to look at all your fun pictures, and oh my goodness your daughter is such a doll. I can't get over her eyes. Well i hope all is going well and your renovation looks great :-)

Brittany Walker

The Fish Pond said...

It's looking good. I hope you have a good time doing it. Hope to see you guys again. We Miss you

LGourley said...

Your house project looks great in the pictures. I can't wait to see it in person. Bob and I had thought about doing something similar with our kitchen, but decided that we couldn't afford to lose the cupboard space.

I have some more clothes for Adalynn if you want them.

Also, I talked to your mom about doing a half-marthon with me. She said that you might also be interested. What do you think? She even mentioned that maybe we could get Trevor and Cody to run it with is too if the timing was right.

Cole and Jenn said...

Lets See the progress because it has been 3 weeks. i am excited to see what is done

Michelle said...

That's quite an undertaking but it's looking really good! I hope the rest goes well for you.

Congrats to Adalynn on her new tooth! That's really exciting!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]aTHNKpBrkZngNJJIL[/url] , VcFnSOq - http://pyfnknfrtw.com